I’m pleased to announce the release 0.4.1 of MySQLfs. This is the first new official version after a long inactivity so please handle it with care. Furthermore this is my first release so, although I have double checked everything, yet I may have done some tremendous mistake.
These are main improvements in this version:
- InnoDB usage instead of MyISAM
- Basic transaction support
- Upgrade to FUSE API 2.6
- Enabled support for “big_writes” to speed up FS operations
- New datablock size
- FreeBSD (FUSE4BSD) support “out-of-the-box”
- Support for new FUSE 2.6 API functions:
- fuse::create – create a file
- fuse::statfs – returns stats about file system usage (needed for df and such)
- corrected used block count (needed for du and such)
- Fixed command line issues: now you can use -obig_writes, -oallow_other (to allow other users to read the mounted filesystem) and -odefault_permissions (which, per this version, is mandatory when using mysqlfs under FreeBSD)
Please note that this is not a production-ready version (yet), but I ask you to test it wildly and please report all the issues that you may have. I’ll try to fix them.
You can download the package here: mysqlfs-0.4.1.tar (232kb).
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DATABASE SCHEMA HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM 0.4.0 TO 0.4.1!
If your plan is to upgrade from a previous installation my suggestion is to compile the new version alongside the old one, create a new, separated FS, mount the new FS and then copying the datas from the old FS to the new one.
If you really need to do a live upgrade of an 0.4.0 database please take a look at the (unrecommended and incomplete!) upgrade script in the sql subdir.
To install mysqlfs just make sure you have installed fuse and all it’s libs, plus mysql and all his devel libraries, unpack the tar.gz and just run
make install (as root)
Then create a database with proper permissions and use the file schema.sql in the sql dir to create the database definitions.
Run mysqlfs –help to see al the available options.
You’re done. Have fun.
3 pensieri riguardo “MySQLfs 0.4.1”
Hi (I apologise for replying in English)
Great article, and great to see an update to mysqlfs and to find someone running it on FreeBSD.
Would you mind reviewing the URL – the link seems to be broken.
Sure, Jason. Tomorrow I will, right now I’m not in front of a computer 😉
Jason, I decided to finally bundle the 0.4.2 version, so hang out for two days, on sunday I’ll put it online after an appropriate testing.